By Wan Azlina Ahmad, Wan Yunus Wan Ahmad, Zainul Akmar Zakaria, Nur Zulaikha Yusof
Environmental issues relating to non-stop use of artificial dyes observed a revival within the call for for typical dyes as usual dyes convey higher biodegradability and customarily have a better compatibility with the surroundings. besides the fact that, one of many barriers at the use of ordinary dyes or pigments is the low extraction yield elements (a few grams of pigment in line with kg of dried uncooked material). as a result, the exploitation of alternative organic assets comparable to fungi, micro organism and cellphone cultures deals fascinating replacement. Microbial pigments corresponding to from bacterial origins provide the virtue by way of construction in comparison to pigments extracted from greens or animals, as a result of its basic mobile and speedy culturing method. This publication deals attention-grabbing perception into preliminary works performed to illustrate the aptitude use of bacterial pigment as colorant for numerous applications.
Read Online or Download Application of Bacterial Pigments as Colorant: The Malaysian Perspective PDF
Similar industrial engineering books
There's a stable cause this publication has been up to date right into a 3rd version. it's a nice e-book; good written, effortless to learn, and a logical circulate. Norman Lieberman has a behavior of writing with a type of folksy everyman method of topics that may be relatively dry differently. He and Elizabeth have performed a superb activity in this booklet and that i in truth taken care of it as enjoyable studying with or 3 chapters an evening until eventually time to show off the sunshine.
Completely revised and accelerated to mirror the great alterations within the box when you consider that its e-book in 1978 robust emphasis on how one can successfully use software program layout programs, necessary to state-of-the-art lens dressmaker Many new lens layout difficulties and examples - starting from basic lenses to advanced zoom lenses and replicate structures - supply perception for either the newcomer and expert within the box Rudolf Kingslake is thought of as the yankee father of lens layout; his publication, now not revised considering its ebook in 1978, is seen as a vintage within the box.
Part 1. Oganization and administration of the upkeep functionality -- part 2. The horizons of upkeep administration -- part three. Engineering and research instruments -- part four. upkeep of plant amenities -- part five. upkeep of mechanical apparatus -- part 6. upkeep of electric apparatus -- part 7.
- Discrete-Event System Simulation
- Definitions, Concepts and Scope of Engineering Asset Management
- Materials and Design. The Art and Science of Material Selection in Product Design
- Elements of Applied Probability for Engineering, Mathematics and Systems Science
- Handbook of Pi And Pid Controller Tuning Rules
- Praxiswissen Schweißtechnik: Werkstoffe, Prozesse, Fertigung
Extra resources for Application of Bacterial Pigments as Colorant: The Malaysian Perspective
11) while the MS/MS spectrum (Fig. 16. These clearly correspond to the molecular formula of C20H13O3N3, which together with the NMR and FTIR analysis, strongly suggests that the violet methanolic pigment extract is violacein. Similar conclusion was made for violet pigment isolated from other bacteria such as Janthinobacterium lividium (Lu et al. 2009), Duganella sp. B2 (Wang et al. 2009), Pseudoalteromonas luteoviolacea (Yada et al. 2007) and Alteromonas luteoviolacea. Antibacterial activities The agar disc diffusion method was used to determine the antibacterial activity of the crude-violet pigment as follows (Barja et al.
3). The nucleotide sequence was deposited in GenBank where it was given the accession number EU555434. 5 h 47 1h 2h 4h 8h 12 h 16 h 24 h Fig. 2 Effect of time on pigment production on C. violaceum 12 3 1 3 2 2 2 5 11 A3 rev AB244453 Serratia marcescens strain: ... AB244433 Serratia marcescens strain: ... AB244291 Serratia marcescens strain: ... EU036987 Serratia nematophila strain ... EF415649 Serratia marcescens AB270613 Serratia marcescens strain: ... AY566180 Serratia marcescens isolate ... EF627046 Serratia marcescens strain c...
19 g L-1 occurred when the bacterium was grown in the SCB1 medium (1 g SCB ? 10% (v/v) L-tryptophan). This is because the pigment was produced only in the support material and not excreted in the solution. 3 Effect of Growth Media 53 Fig. 11 Pigment production yield for C. violaceum when grown in SCB, SPW, M and BS (supplemented with 10% (v/v) L-tryptophan) (Fig. 11). After 24 h of incubation, the original pale-yellow appearance of SCB and green color of SPW turned to dark purple due to the formation of pigment.