By Tomasz Kapitaniak
Greater than 20 years of extensive experiences on non-linear dynamics have raised questions about the sensible functions of chaos. One attainable solution is to manage chaotic habit in a predictable approach. This publication, oneof the 1st at the topic, explores the guidelines in the back of controlling chaos. Controlling Chaos explains, utilizing easy examples, either the mathematical thought and experimental effects used to use chaotic dynamics to genuine engineering structures. Chuas circuit is used as an instance through the booklet because it could be simply developed within the laboratory and numerically modeled. using this instance permits readers to check the theories awarded. The textual content is thoroughly balanced among conception and functions to supply an in-depth exam of the strategies in the back of the advanced rules awarded. within the ultimate part, Kapitaniak brings jointly chosen reprinted papers that have had an important impression at the improvement of this speedily turning out to be interdisciplinary box. Controlling Chaos is vital analyzing for graduates, researchers, and scholars wishing to be on the vanguard of this interesting new department of technology. * makes use of effortless examples which might be repeated by means of the reader either experimentally and numerically* the 1st publication to provide easy tools of controlling chaos* contains reprinted papers representing basic contributions to the sphere* Discusses implementation of chaos controlling basics as utilized to functional difficulties
Read Online or Download Controlling chaos : theoretical and practical methods in non- linear dynamics PDF
Best industrial engineering books
There's a reliable cause this booklet has been up to date right into a 3rd version. it's a nice publication; good written, effortless to learn, and a logical stream. Norman Lieberman has a behavior of writing with a type of folksy everyman method of topics that may be particularly dry another way. He and Elizabeth have performed a great activity in this ebook and that i truthfully taken care of it as enjoyable analyzing with or 3 chapters an evening till time to show off the sunshine.
Completely revised and accelerated to mirror the large alterations within the box due to the fact its ebook in 1978 robust emphasis on tips on how to successfully use software program layout applications, quintessential to modern lens dressmaker Many new lens layout difficulties and examples - starting from basic lenses to complicated zoom lenses and replicate structures - supply perception for either the newcomer and expert within the box Rudolf Kingslake is considered the yank father of lens layout; his e-book, no longer revised in view that its ebook in 1978, is considered as a vintage within the box.
Part 1. Oganization and administration of the upkeep functionality -- part 2. The horizons of upkeep administration -- part three. Engineering and research instruments -- part four. upkeep of plant amenities -- part five. upkeep of mechanical apparatus -- part 6. upkeep of electric apparatus -- part 7.
- Pneumatic Conveying Design Guide
- Computational Intelligence in Reliability Engineering New Metaheuristics Neural and Fuzzy Techniques in Reliability
- Estimating Building Costs
- Dynamics and Control of Hybrid Mechanical Systems
- Batch Distillation Design and Operation
Additional info for Controlling chaos : theoretical and practical methods in non- linear dynamics
16(b). 0 have been taken. 18), as different behavior is obtained when control parameter is increased from when this parameter is decreased. This poses the question whether or not it is possible to desynchronize the systems again, and by what means. It is clear that any further parameter changes, in which the a = ot values of both attractors change simultaneously, will fail to desynchronize two systems. 6 (a) I 32 f,69 . . 2 x I i I I I ! 15 Evolution of coupled - 7; (b) unclosed curve c~- 8. 2 Lissajou figure a, = ~,, leaving the other at a 2 " - 0~, the two systems must have totally different attractors, B and A2, say, and hence are desynchronized.
15) is not initially fulfilled. 14 Necessary condition for synchronization of two chaotic systems. 9) will not be fulfilled) and in the x , - y,, i = 1, 2, . . , n plots we observe unclosed curves instead of a straight line. In this section we describe a simple method which allows us to obtain synchronization of periodic and chaotic trajectories evolving on different coexisting attractors A, and A 2 which are close to the single chaotic attractor B. Let us assume that the 'one attractor' a, and 'coexisting attractors' a: values of a control parameter a are close together.
6) is allowed in order to achieve synchronization. Knowing the equations of chaotic systems A and B we can easily check the above condition by direct computation of the Lyapunov exponents. 4 Numerical-vc,~ versus vc, chronized state. 6) will evolve on the same manifold on which both chaotic systems evolve and this is why synchronization can be obtained. When it is not fulfilled, the coupled system will evolve on a higher-dimensional manifold on which hyperchaotic attractor exists, and according to De Sousa et al.